Fèis Rois is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We will use the information that we collect about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation from 25 May 2018.
Who we are Fèis Rois is a Scottish traditional arts organisation and a registered charity with an office at 16-17 High Street, Dingwall, IV15 9RU. We receive funding from Creative Scotland, Highland Council and a number of other supporters.
Fèis Rois is a company limited by guarantee with registration number SC123137 and a charity registered in Scotland (SC017647).
What information do we collect?
1. Information you give us You give us your information when you buy a ticket, make a purchase from our shop, buy something online from our website, make a donation or communicate with us. We also keep your details when you sign up to receive email from us.
We maintain a record of your transaction history, but we never store your card number.
We keep a record of emails we send you, and we may track whether you receive or open them so we can make sure that we are sending you the most relevant information. We may then track any subsequent actions online, such as buying a ticket.
2. Information we collect about you This includes technical information such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time-zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
3. Information from other sources We may also obtain personal information about you from other sources, such as if a family member or friend contacts us on your behalf. We may combine information you provide to us, with information available from external sources in order to gain a better understanding of our audiences, participants and supporters to improve our fundraising and marketing methods.
These sources include:
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter, you might give third parties (like Fèis Rois) permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Information available publicly This may include information found in places such as Companies House, your biography on your work website, or information that has been published in articles/newspapers
How we keep your details safe and secure Your personal data will be held and processed on Fèis Rois’ systems or systems managed by suppliers on behalf of Fèis Rois. We maintain a customer relationship management (CRM) system to hold contact details and a record of your interactions with Fèis Rois such as ticket purchases, shop purchases, class and residential course sign up and attendance at special events. Where possible we aim to keep a single record for each customer.
Your data is always held securely. Access to customer information is strictly controlled. The CRM system can only be accessed by people who need it to do their job. We may need to disclose your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors. We will only ever share your data in other circumstances if we have your explicit and informed consent.
What we use your personal information for We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not to do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
1. Information you give us If you make a purchase, sign up for an event or give a donation we usually collect your name, contact details and your bank or credit card information (if making a transaction). Where it is appropriate (and you have the right to decline to give this information) we may also ask for your musical experience, date of birth, age, gender, ethnicity, information relating to your health or, if making a donation, why you have decided to donate to us.
We use this data to provide you with the events, products, services or information you asked for, ensure we know how you prefer to be contacted, understand how we can improve our communications or events, administer your donation or to process Gift Aid.
When you register on the Fèis Rois website, you can visit the ‘Booking’ section to choose whether you would like to receive marketing and fundraising communications from Fèis Rois by email. Once you have an account, you can manage your preferences at any time. We will not contact you for marketing and fundraising purposes unless this box is ticked. We will include opt-out instructions in any marketing or fundraising communications you receive from us.
When registering to become a listed ‘youth music provider’ on the HYMF website you will be asked to consent to the details you provide being public facing on the HYMF ‘youth providers’ webpage.
Giving you control With your consent, we will tell you about classes, courses, concerts and news. Occasionally, we may include information in these communications from partner organisations or organisations who support us. We make it easy for you to tell us how you want to hear from us (by logging onto the Fèis Rois website and updating your preferences in the “Booking” section. You can opt out from these marketing communications at any time – every email sent to you will tell you how to do this.
You can contact Fèis Rois at any time to be removed from the Highland Youth Music Forum mailing list, or if you want your registered youth providers details to be removed or updated.
We do not sell personal details to third parties for any purpose. We will only share personal details for the purposes of marketing if you have given explicit consent for us to do this. But if we run an event in partnership with another named organisation your details may need to be shared in order that they can help us run the event.
If you have opted out of marketing communications, we may still get in touch with you. For example we may email you to give you important information about the events you’ve booked or to tell you about any changes.
We will give you the opportunity to opt out, at any time, from any marketing or fundraising email communications and postal fundraising communications you receive from us.
2. Information we collect about you We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
3. Information from other sources We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Fèis Rois as a charity and how we respect our donors Fèis Rois relies on charitable support to maintain our activities and to make these available to everyone.
You can opt in to receive information about supporting Fèis Rois by logging in to the Fèis Rois website and updating your preferences in the “Booking” section. We will tell you about our current campaigns that we think are most relevant to you and ways that you can make a real difference to our education programmes.
We want to ensure our communications to our supporters are personal, relevant and timely and we want to give you an enhanced experience. We may analyse geographic, demographic and publicly available information relating to you in order to better understand your interests and to send you the most relevant communications.
Third Parties We may share anonymised personal information with other organisations, particularly Creative Scotland, who use this to understand the impact of the public investment made in Fèis Rois. We will not otherwise share your personal information with third party organisations.
Sensitive Information Sometimes we ask you to provide sensitive information, for example when you book for certain events or participate in some activities, or when you apply for a job. As with all the personal information we hold, sensitive information is held securely and restricted to those who need to use it. We will delete sensitive information when we no longer need it.
You have the following rights related to your personal data:
- the right to be informed
- the right of access
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to object
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including data profiling.
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office or Fundraising Regulator
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share a password with anyone.