The YMI CPD Fund supports individuals, organisations and networks who work outwith school settings to undertake training and continuing professional development that will strengthen youth music in Scotland for the benefit of young people. We understand that many music freelancers and organisations may be working with young people both in and out of school settings and so will be eligible to apply
– People delivering youth music develop their skills and confidence
– The youth music sector develops, strengthens and becomes more sustainable
– Supporting services to be high quality, continually improving, efficient, and to provide innovative responses to people’s needs
We welcome applications proposing any training and CPD that will deliver the above outcomes.
Types of activities
In the current circumstances applications relating to online courses or tuition packages are welcome, both from (a) individuals proposing to take advantage of them; and (b) organisations proposing to design or deliver them
Types of activities you might want to consider are:
– Professional development, such as attending short-term or one-off training courses, conferences, master-classes, mentoring and any other relevant experiences which develop skills and confidence and lead to improved professional delivery of music to children and young people.
– Receiving private tuition that will lead to improved skills in a particular genre or instrument which will result in improved professional delivery of music to children and young people.
– Development, design and delivery of specialist training courses.
– New and innovative approaches that improve engagement in high-quality music-making activities. Examples of this might be undertaking study visits to research delivery methodology currently not widespread in Scotland, or using new technology in creative ways.
There is £50,000 available in the budget for 2021.
Awards to Individuals will generally be within the range of £100 to £750, while the range for Organisations will normally fall between £500 and £5,000.
The YMI CPD Fund remains open until the funds are spent.
Should you require help and advice in completing your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information click HERE