Sing and Sign is an award winning baby signing programme for babies and toddlers aged from 8 weeks up to two years of age. Designed with the help of speech and language professionals, Sing and Sign uses baby signing (which is based on BSL and Makaton) to help your little one to communicate before speech. We use music, rhymes, props and puppets to help teach the signs and Jessie Cat, our Sing and Sign mascot, comes along every week to play peekaboo with the babies and she soon becomes a favourite. Classes are very relaxed and friendly and currently take place in Inverness, Dingwall and Nairn with more areas to be added soon.
There are lots of benefits to baby signing which include-
- Helping to understand your baby’s needs, thoughts and ideas
- Reducing frustration (for baby and parent!)
- Enhancing early vocabulary and understanding
- Encouraging the development of speech
- Enriching your baby’s relationships
- Building confidence and self-esteem
- Stimulating your baby’s intellectual and emotional development
Parents across the country have sung the praises of Sing and Sign for 10 years now and Sing and Sign are very proud to offer these fantastic classes in Inverness, Nairn and Ross-shire. I run three 10 week terms a year which start in January, April and September. It currently costs £50 to attend a term and places must be booked and paid for in advance to secure your place.