To mark the 2018 Year of Young People in Scotland, we’ve launched the Year of Young People National Lottery Fund to inspire young people to lead active lives and encourage positive mental health.
We are offering grants of between £3,000 and £10,000 to heritage, arts and community and sports projects that focus on young people in Scotland.
2018 is the Year of Young People in Scotland – a year that aims to inspire Scotland through our young people: celebrating their achievements; valuing their contribution to communities; and creating new opportunities for young people to shine locally, nationally and globally.
The Year of Young People National Lottery Fundwill award grants for heritage, sports and community activity projects that support young people to improve their health and wellbeing. We are looking to fund projects that:
• Encourage positive mental health for young people
• Inspire young people to lead active lives
• Ensure young people are involved in developing, delivering and evaluating these projects to meet their needs, informed by theYear of Young People Co-design Blueprint
•Celebrate and share young people’s achievements
What you need to know:
• We are looking to fund projects focusing on young people aged between 8 and 26
• You can apply for a grant of between £3,000–£10,000
• There are two application submission deadlines – 30 April and 18 June 2018
• We will let you know if you have been successful within eight weeks of the application deadline
For more information and to apply, click HERE
Want to talk through your idea?
If you would like to tell us about your idea and get advice on whether it fits this programme please contact us at YOYPFund@hlf.org.uk or 0131 225 9450. You can see examples of projects on the Year of Young People National Lottery Fund website
The deadline is Monday 30 April 2018 at 17:00.