Wide Days was launched in 2010 providing a forum for Scottish music business and artists to connect with the international industry.
Wide Days has attracted key music industry players from the UK, US, Norway, Iceland and the Netherlands, and in 2014 featured a special focus on the German music market. Moreover, the conference was used to launch of the Music Venue Trust, the Off Axis gigging network and establish a green festivals network in Scotland.
Wide Days 2017 included showcases by The Ninth Wave, Declan Welsh, The Vegan Leather and Emme Woods – who were all subsequently booked to showcase at The Great Escape festival. In 2016, Be Charlotte went on to perform at Eurosonic, SXSW and Reeperbahn the following year – as well as Elle Exxe, who was crowned “Best Female Solo Act” at the Unsigned Music Awards. In 2015, Kathryn Joseph went on to win the Scottish Album of the Year Award and C Duncan was nominated for the Mercury Music Prize. Honeyblood, PAWS and Garden Of Elks, were all signed as a result of playing at the event.
Wide Days 2018 takes place in Edinburgh on 20th and 21st April.
DELEGATE PASSES AVAILABLE NOW
FULL WEEKEND – £120
FRIDAY – £99
STUDENT – £30
HELP MUSICIANS BURSARY
The bursary scheme has been launched with support from Help Musicians Scotland to offer discounted accreditation to emerging artists and industry professionals, who otherwise would not be able to afford full price delegate passes. This scheme subsidises the Friday Delegate Pass (walk-up rate £110) by offering 40 delegates the reduced fee of £25. 10 places will be allocated free of charge, to those who could not otherwise afford to attend.
To apply, go to http://www.widedays.com/bursary
Please see full Terms and Conditions below:
- Bursary places will be allocated on a first-come-first served basis, with all successful applicants will be notified by Friday 7 April at latest.
- You must accept your bursary place within 7 days of your offer, otherwise the space may be reallocated.
- If you are not able to attend for any reason, you will notify Wide Days and Help Musicians UK as soon as possible, in order for the Bursary to be reallocated.
- If you have not heard from Wide Days or Help Musicians UK by Saturday 8 April, please assume your application is unsuccessful.
- Successful applicants must attend a welcome reception hosted by HMUK at Wide Days from 9.15am on Friday 20 April.
- Successful applicants must complete two post-event surveys to help HMUK and Wide Days.
- Please note, this bursary is NOT for those in full time education. Please see ‘Student Convention Pass’ in the Delegate Passes section.