The Arts Trust of Scotland supports a small number of emerging artists with significant potential by awarding grants.
The Trust’s aim is to support:
- artists of considerable talent to develop their skill, ideas and potential
- the development of emerging artists who live and work in Scotland.
Their support is for emerging artists, described as one of the following:
- an artist who is currently in, or has been out of full-time art education (including mature students) for no more than five years
- first publication, CD or CD-Rom or DVD
- first solo exhibition or performance (or collective duo) rather than group show
- equipment or instrument purchase, the artist should be able to demonstrate ’emerging’ within their application.
Main criteria for selection are:
- the artistic quality of the project
- verification of the artist’s potential
For more information on when their next round of funding will be announced and how to apply go to their website.