The PRS Writer Producer Fund offers an opportunity for songwriters and writer-producers working in popular music genres to further develop their careers and writing/production credits with grants of up to £10,000.
The fund is not for writers and producers just starting out, demoing and developing. They are looking for writers and producers with successes in their writing careers and applicants must have a previous track record.
What can be funded?
Activity supported is likely to cover a number of areas, which combined will support your career development. Activity can include;
- Time to create (Parameters to be discussed in steering group)
- Recording (Parameters to be discussed in steering group)
- Production fees
- Training / Skills courses at places such as Point Blank / SSE
- Creative / Professional development
- Mix fees
- Studio hire
- Purchase of equipment / software / hardware (covers up to 25% of costs)
- Musician fees
- Marketing and promotional costs related to songs/tracks reaching an audience
- PR Manager to help build their profiles as songwriters
- UK writing space rental / Lease
- Maternity leave and child care
- International activity that could build your profile and benefit your creative development – Please note if you are wishing to apply for funding to attend a conference please apply for our International Showcase Fund
The first deadline is 19th June 2017 with a second deadline in late 2017.
For full information on the fund and how to apply go to: http://www.prsformusicfoundation.com/funding/writer-producer-fund/