The multi-award winning HebCelt returns for its 20th annual festival during 13 – 16 July 2016. This unique event is set against one of the most atmospheric backdrops, the Scottish Hebridean island of Lewis with its distinctive Gaelic culture and heritage.
HebCelt wouldn’t be possible without a huge squad of hard-working and much-appreciated volunteers. Thinking that sounds like something for you?
As a volunteer you will be expected to be available for at least 12-15 hours of work with shifts alternating between daytime / evening throughout the festival. There are a couple of teams that have longer hours and some who are involved in pre and post Festival work but you will not be placed on these teams without your agreement in advance.
A team is a group of people who operate in a specific area during the Festival. A team can range in size from 5 to 40 people and there is at least one Team Leader and often other co-Leaders as well. The teams carry out a myriad of activities as detailed in the Team Descriptions below.
All voluntary staff with be placed on a rota system which will be agreed with you prior to the event or at team meetings. You are needed to cover at least 2 shifts alternating daytime/evenings so please be ready and willing to be flexible.
As a volunteer you will get:
- access to festival activities within the main arena where possible, so when you are not working you are free to enjoy the festival, the music, your friends, etc.
- a volunteer shirt, which you wear whenever you are working during the festival
- latest news from the festival
- an invitation to the volunteer reception held on the Tuesday evening immediately prior to the festival
- for those travelling here, the Laxdale Holiday Park offer a discounted rate for all festival volunteers
For more information, go to the HebCeltFest website