If you are in a band or have an idea for a band that you haven’t tried out yet this could be for you! We want musicians to take a chance and make a band that you might never have thought of! Your band can have as many as 5 members and as little as 2. it can be a song band or instrumental or a mixture of the two. You don’t need to have performed any gigs yet. All you have to do is upload 2 demo mp3s and a brief resume using the form below. These will be listened to by a selected panel of musicians who are looking for musicality and originality and the 5 best entries will get through to perform at battle of the folk bands at Tradfest on May 6th 2018. 1 winner will be chosen on the night.
The prizes are: performances at Celtic Connections, TradFest 2019, Skye Festival, One day recording at Caribou with Mattie Foulds.
Deadline for submissions is Friday 3rd November 2017. Bands will be informed on the week of 18th December if they have made it through to battle of the folk bands.
- Bands can have between 2 and 5 members inclusive
- Bands must play music based on the Scottish tradition
- 50% of the band members must be Scottish or live in Scotland
- Deadline is Friday 3rd November 2017
- Any questions please contact Hands Up for Trad at email@example.com
- Hands Up for Trad’s decision is final
To enter and find out more information visit Battle of the Folk Bands here.