The City Music Foundation’s mission is to turn exceptional musical talent into professional success by equipping outstanding musicians with the tools, skills, experience and networks they need to build and sustain rewarding and profitable careers.
Through an annual competitive audition process they select classical soloists and chamber ensembles, as well as jazz, folk and world musicians. These ‘CMF Artists’ then engage in an innovative two-year programme which includes artistic and business mentoring as well as professional development workshops. These cover a range of topics such as managing finances, tax and pensions, legal input on copyright and contracts, plus presentation and interview skills, promotion and publicity strategies and much more.
Find out more about City Music Foundation here.
Applications to be a 2016 CMF Artist are now open!
The 2016 applications will be held in two rounds:
- First round: a panel of judges will review all application forms and provided audio/visual material, selecting a small group to advance to the live auditions
- Live Auditions: held in Central London on 13 and 14th July. The live auditions will include a recital and a short interview. Details of the live auditions will be sent to successful candidates in due course
The CMF accept applications from soloists and ensembles (of up to 5 members) who perform classical, jazz, folk or world music. To read about our previous artists, please click here
To be a CMF Artist, you must:
- Have completed full-time tertiary education by the 1st September 2016
- Be based in the UK for the full two year period, from 1st September 2016 to August 2018
- Hold the correct visa to work in the UK** for the two year period (if you have any questions about this, please do contact the CMF team)
- Be available to attend the live auditions in central London, held on 13th and 14th July
**This must be a full working visa and not student visa attached to any institution or place of study
The deadline for all applications is Wednesday 20th April 2016, 17:00.